coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house
??????, ??, ??????

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組   會員註冊會員註冊 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

My XP4050 + Solis 166 (new)
前往頁面 1, 2, 3  下一頁

發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ??????
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
adachi_2003

註冊時間: 2007-03-27
文章: 19

發表發表於: 星期二 三月 27, 2007 5:42 am    文章主題: My XP4050 + Solis 166 (new) 引言回覆

Hi all,

Nice to meet all you guys (or lady) here. I am a new comer.

I started to read the post from hkcoffee.com on Dec-2006 and after that I bought my XP4050 and Solis 166 last month. Here is the photos

But I still have sereral question to ask:
1. ?? really important? Why?
2. ??????????.... that is true even I tamp it very hard
3. The taste is good. (I am using Starbucks espresso coffee bean). Any room to improve?
4. Anythings else I can do in order to make a good coffee?

Thank you for your suggestion in advance.

( My chinese typing is not good but I can read chinese. Very Happy )
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nelf

註冊時間: 2006-11-21
文章: 318

發表發表於: 星期二 三月 27, 2007 6:58 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

1. ?? is indeed important, naked portafilter can allow people to see the extraction clearly, so if there's something wrong with your grinding/temping technique.. you will know instantly.. also, naked portafilter produce more crema than the closed one..

2. ??????????? usually that means you have to set your grinds finer. and/or your there's something wrong with your temp.. try to create a consistent surface.. no need to temp very hard.. also, if you are using the plastic temp in your picture, it's very hard to achieve a good temp.. please go buy a professional temper.. it's much more important than most people think.

3. Good to hear that you like your result.. it's a good start. but there's a lot more you can achieve.. actually you are just standing at the entrance of this coffee journey.. there's a lot more to learn and to do before you can produce a really good cup of espresso..

1, go buy a real temper.. it's very important..

2, go buy some fresh beans, starbucks' bean are usually at least 3 months old.. so there's ain't much crema in your coffee..

3, make sure you extract the right amount at the right time (or close to it)...

after you finish doing this 3 things.. you can extract a decent cup of espresso (around 60% of total potential).. and you will see a big difference in your coffee, and will be much better than what you drink in starbucks or pacific coffee. ..

At last and most important: go visit FRESH coffee in North point.. you will learn all the things that needed to produce a perfect cup of espresso.. and you will know what espresso suppose to look, feel and taste like.. it will be a eye opening experience.. also, they are very friendly and be very willing to help you..
adachi_2003

發表發表於: 星期二 三月 27, 2007 11:31 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Wah.....Very detail. Thank.

1. To buy a temper....where can I find it which fit for my XP4050?

2. Fresh bean...yeah..I am going to do that. Can somebody reccommend to me what coffee bean which the taste is similar to Starbucks espresso or McDonald 's long black?

3. About the volume...it is difficult to control. You know Solis 166 lar..

Yeah. Will find some time to go to Landy place. I heard that we need to give her a call before we go, right?

Thx
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
kckc

註冊時間: 2006-03-15
文章: 1918

發表發表於: 星期二 三月 27, 2007 12:29 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

adachi_2003 寫到:
Wah.....Very detail. Thank.

1. To buy a temper....where can I find it which fit for my XP4050?

2. Fresh bean...yeah..I am going to do that. Can somebody reccommend to me what coffee bean which the taste is similar to Starbucks espresso or McDonald 's long black?

3. About the volume...it is difficult to control. You know Solis 166 lar..

Yeah. Will find some time to go to Landy place. I heard that we need to give her a call before we go, right?

Thx

You bought Solis 166 and are still wanting the SB or MC taste, the world is a lot different!
Smile
adachi_2003

發表發表於: 星期二 三月 27, 2007 12:46 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

?吓??...?咗???jar..... Razz

BTW I think McDonald long black is OK. So look forward I can make something better than long black.
Cheers
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
neohk

註冊時間: 2006-09-03
文章: 1095

發表發表於: 星期二 三月 27, 2007 2:19 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

adachi_2003 寫到:

BTW I think McDonald long black is OK. So look forward I can make something better than long black.
Cheers

i would describe starbucks beans as carbon..
well, any bean in landy's place would be better than starbucks

kc??????d? Laughing

發表發表於: 星期二 三月 27, 2007 4:45 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

neohk 寫到:
adachi_2003 寫到:

Cheers

kc??????d? Laughing

you too ??????d?.. hehe... Laughing

adachi_2003: don't worry about what they say.. just go to landy's place and tell them your preference and they will help you to find a coffee bean that you like even more than the starbucks' or the long black's....

it is better if you can call them first....
???

註冊時間: 2006-03-11
文章: 829

發表發表於: 星期二 三月 27, 2007 8:48 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

neohk 寫到:
adachi_2003 寫到:

Cheers

kc??????d? Laughing

KC?????哋??嘢
?啲嘢???
?啲嘢????
?咗???哋啲?
?????????嘅???
???????????
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 發送電子郵件 參觀發表人的個人網站 MSN Messenger
harry

註冊時間: 2006-09-10
文章: 1367
來自: Hong Kong

發表發表於: 星期三 三月 28, 2007 5:57 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

??? 寫到:
neohk 寫到:
adachi_2003 寫到:

Cheers

kc??????d? Laughing

KC?????哋??嘢
?啲嘢???
?啲嘢????
?咗???哋啲?
?????????嘅???

KC??????????....????cut?post...
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 發送電子郵件 參觀發表人的個人網站 MSN Messenger
kckc

發表發表於: 星期三 三月 28, 2007 6:01 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

OK sorry, Embarassed Embarassed
I used wrong words Embarassed
kckc

發表發表於: 星期三 三月 28, 2007 6:03 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

another suggestion~
You may try out various famous cafe in Hong Kong.
eg. Zambra
The address can be found in
http://www.zambra.net/cafe.html Smile
adachi_2003

發表發表於: 星期三 三月 28, 2007 9:30 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Oh...thanks for all your guys's comment. Give me some more time and I can revise my standard.
BTW

1. Where can I find the temper which fit for my XP4050? Be honest the original plastic temper is not really good. Can I buy it from "Fresh Coffee Beans and Tea House"?

2. So which fresh coffee bean that the taste is similar to long black or better than long black? Coz I drink black coffee only. I can see a lot from hkcoffee main page but choice are really a lot. Difficult to choose...Smile

Most of the time I am working at airport. So may find some available slot and go to North point. Yes I will........

Thx
adachi
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
shing
Site Admin

註冊時間: 2006-03-01
文章: 1100

發表發表於: 星期三 三月 28, 2007 9:45 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

hello, if for long black, landy can blend a new taste for long black.
what is your favourite flavor? like a flower flavor, honey flavor, chocolate flavor or just coffee is ok?
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 發送電子郵件 參觀發表人的個人網站
nelf

發表發表於: 星期三 三月 28, 2007 10:03 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

adachi_2003 寫到:
Oh...thanks for all your guys's comment. Give me some more time and I can revise my standard.
BTW

1. Where can I find the temper which fit for my XP4050? Be honest the original plastic temper is not really good. Can I buy it from "Fresh Coffee Beans and Tea House"?

2. So which fresh coffee bean that the taste is similar to long black or better than long black? Coz I drink black coffee only. I can see a lot from hkcoffee main page but choice are really a lot. Difficult to choose...Smile

Most of the time I am working at airport. So may find some available slot and go to North point. Yes I will........

Thx
adachi

1. i think you can order the temper via FRESH coffee, but i dunno they have stock or how long it takes to arrive.. but if they don't have it.. they will point you out.. don't worry.

2. you have to find it yourself.. everybody tastes' are a little different.. you might like one thing in the long black's, another people may like other attributes..
shing
Site Admin

註冊時間: 2006-03-01
文章: 1100

發表發表於: 星期三 三月 28, 2007 10:10 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

thanks nelf. ^^
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 發送電子郵件 參觀發表人的個人網站
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ?????? 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
前往頁面 1, 2, 3  下一頁
1頁(共3頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票